Stunning portraits on show in Wisbech as artistic talent hosts first solo exhibition
BREATHTAKING portraits will line the walls of Octavia View in Wisbech next week as artistic talent Madeleine Rumbelow hosts her first solo exhibition.
The 18-year-old - a nominee in this year’s Kids Are Alright Challenge - uses oil paints, palette knives and even garden trowels to create her vivid paintings.
Madeleine said: “I feel can capture something about a person, their personality or character.”
An opening reception will be held next Friday (August 5) before the exhibition starts the following day. The young star’s work will be on display until September 1 at the exhibition, which is being curated by Atelier East.
Karen Harvey, artistic director at Atelier East, said: “Maddie has been part of our team for a while now. She’s a regular at our monthly life drawing sessions and has helped us with all sorts of projects from books to bunting.
You may also want to watch:
“We are really delighted to be able to share her work with people, and I honestly think they will be amazed when they see her paintings.”
Former Wisbech Grammar School student Madeleine hopes to attend Winchester School of Art to further her studies.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 7 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 8 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
Anyone wishing to attend the opening reception of the exhibition should e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org