Stunning portraits on show in Wisbech as artistic talent hosts first solo exhibition
BREATHTAKING portraits will line the walls of Octavia View in Wisbech next week as artistic talent Madeleine Rumbelow hosts her first solo exhibition.
The 18-year-old - a nominee in this year’s Kids Are Alright Challenge - uses oil paints, palette knives and even garden trowels to create her vivid paintings.
Madeleine said: “I feel can capture something about a person, their personality or character.”
An opening reception will be held next Friday (August 5) before the exhibition starts the following day. The young star’s work will be on display until September 1 at the exhibition, which is being curated by Atelier East.
Karen Harvey, artistic director at Atelier East, said: “Maddie has been part of our team for a while now. She’s a regular at our monthly life drawing sessions and has helped us with all sorts of projects from books to bunting.
“We are really delighted to be able to share her work with people, and I honestly think they will be amazed when they see her paintings.”
Former Wisbech Grammar School student Madeleine hopes to attend Winchester School of Art to further her studies.
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
Anyone wishing to attend the opening reception of the exhibition should e-mail: email@example.com