Stunning portraits on show in Wisbech as artistic talent hosts first solo exhibition
BREATHTAKING portraits will line the walls of Octavia View in Wisbech next week as artistic talent Madeleine Rumbelow hosts her first solo exhibition.
The 18-year-old - a nominee in this year’s Kids Are Alright Challenge - uses oil paints, palette knives and even garden trowels to create her vivid paintings.
Madeleine said: “I feel can capture something about a person, their personality or character.”
An opening reception will be held next Friday (August 5) before the exhibition starts the following day. The young star’s work will be on display until September 1 at the exhibition, which is being curated by Atelier East.
Karen Harvey, artistic director at Atelier East, said: “Maddie has been part of our team for a while now. She’s a regular at our monthly life drawing sessions and has helped us with all sorts of projects from books to bunting.
“We are really delighted to be able to share her work with people, and I honestly think they will be amazed when they see her paintings.”
Former Wisbech Grammar School student Madeleine hopes to attend Winchester School of Art to further her studies.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 5 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 6 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 7 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 8 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
Anyone wishing to attend the opening reception of the exhibition should e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org