Wisbech Street Pride group joined by keen litter pickers from College of West Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech litter pickers were joined by students from the College of West Anglia to help them spruce up the community.
The Wisbech Street Pride team were joined by 15 students as part of their pre-training for the uniformed services course.
They donned hi-vis jackets and grabbed rakes and brooms to tidy up the local area and bag up rubbish ranging from wrappers to bottles.
Wisbech Street Pride group work closely with the Wisbech In Bloom group and past projects have included creating flower beds in St Peter’s Road car park, tidying up a roundabout at the local hospital and the entrance to Chapel Road car park.
The group has also worked with McDonalds to collect litter from the main road into Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Last year at the annual celebration evening the group won the Best Clean Up for their Keep Britain Tidy’s ‘Great British Spring Clean’ event in March.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films