Wisbech Street Pride group joined by keen litter pickers from College of West Anglia
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech litter pickers were joined by students from the College of West Anglia to help them spruce up the community.
The Wisbech Street Pride team were joined by 15 students as part of their pre-training for the uniformed services course.
They donned hi-vis jackets and grabbed rakes and brooms to tidy up the local area and bag up rubbish ranging from wrappers to bottles.
Wisbech Street Pride group work closely with the Wisbech In Bloom group and past projects have included creating flower beds in St Peter’s Road car park, tidying up a roundabout at the local hospital and the entrance to Chapel Road car park.
The group has also worked with McDonalds to collect litter from the main road into Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Last year at the annual celebration evening the group won the Best Clean Up for their Keep Britain Tidy’s ‘Great British Spring Clean’ event in March.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week