Stories of the silver screen are shared as staff of the Luxe Cinema, Wisbech, meet with former owner to say goodbye
Stories from eight years of success were shared as the former owner of a Wisbech cinema waved goodbye to his staff this week.
Burleigh Ibbott met with staff of the Luxe Cinema to say goodbye following its takeover by the Picturedrome Cinema Group last month.
Mr Ibbott, who bid the single-screen cinema farewell on Facebook last week, was greeted by staff members old and new at the Worzals Bar & Grill in Wisbech.
Among those was Natasha Williams and Martin Nutter, whom Mr Ibbott had worked with in Fenland for many years.
Natasha said: “Many stories and anecdotes were shared, with many happy memories of what is was like running an independent cinema for the people of Wisbech over the past eight years.”
Martin said: “We may have just written the latest chapter in the Wisbech history book.
You may also want to watch:
“The cinema now belongs to the next generation and we wish them all the best.
“I am sure in eight years time they will have their own stories to tell.”
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail