Stories of the silver screen are shared as staff of the Luxe Cinema, Wisbech, meet with former owner to say goodbye
Stories from eight years of success were shared as the former owner of a Wisbech cinema waved goodbye to his staff this week.
Burleigh Ibbott met with staff of the Luxe Cinema to say goodbye following its takeover by the Picturedrome Cinema Group last month.
Mr Ibbott, who bid the single-screen cinema farewell on Facebook last week, was greeted by staff members old and new at the Worzals Bar & Grill in Wisbech.
Among those was Natasha Williams and Martin Nutter, whom Mr Ibbott had worked with in Fenland for many years.
Natasha said: “Many stories and anecdotes were shared, with many happy memories of what is was like running an independent cinema for the people of Wisbech over the past eight years.”
Martin said: “We may have just written the latest chapter in the Wisbech history book.
You may also want to watch:
“The cinema now belongs to the next generation and we wish them all the best.
“I am sure in eight years time they will have their own stories to tell.”
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery