Stories of the silver screen are shared as staff of the Luxe Cinema, Wisbech, meet with former owner to say goodbye
Stories from eight years of success were shared as the former owner of a Wisbech cinema waved goodbye to his staff this week.
Burleigh Ibbott met with staff of the Luxe Cinema to say goodbye following its takeover by the Picturedrome Cinema Group last month.
Mr Ibbott, who bid the single-screen cinema farewell on Facebook last week, was greeted by staff members old and new at the Worzals Bar & Grill in Wisbech.
Among those was Natasha Williams and Martin Nutter, whom Mr Ibbott had worked with in Fenland for many years.
Natasha said: “Many stories and anecdotes were shared, with many happy memories of what is was like running an independent cinema for the people of Wisbech over the past eight years.”
Martin said: “We may have just written the latest chapter in the Wisbech history book.
You may also want to watch:
“The cinema now belongs to the next generation and we wish them all the best.
“I am sure in eight years time they will have their own stories to tell.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed