STOLEN POLICE JACKETS: Police probe Cambs incidents with Norfolk Police thefts
POLICE today confirmed they are investigating possible links between a spate of burglaries involving bogus officers and the theft of uniforms from a Norfolk laundrette.Three distraction burglaries have been reported to Cambridgeshire police in recent da
POLICE today confirmed they are investigating possible links between a spate of burglaries involving bogus officers and the theft of uniforms from a Norfolk laundrette.
Three distraction burglaries have been reported to Cambridgeshire police in recent days, all of them involving callers posing as police officers. The incidents follow the theft of two Norfolk police jackets from a laundrette in King's Lynn last Sunday.
The first incident happened in Cambridge at about 8pm on Monday. The suspect called at the victim's home and made off with her handbag. A wallet was stolen from another home in the city on Friday after a caller claimed they were "checking on the welfare of a victim".
Later that night, two men called at another home but the occupant did not believe they were police officers and turned them away.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Adam Gallop, from Cambridgeshire police, said: "I would urge residents to be vigilant when dealing with callers. The victim in the last incident rightly suspected that these men were not who they claimed to be and shut the door on them.
"In the majority of cases a police officer will always call ahead to say they will be visiting you and officers will always show police identification if asked."
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Norfolk police have launched an investigation into how the jackets went missing.