Stolen Land Rover Discovery rams into Ford Focus police car in Wisbech pursuit - officer injured but remains on duty
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was left injured after a Land Rover rammed into their vehicle more than once causing “extensive damage” in the early hours of this morning.
The incident, which involved a police pursuit chasing a suspected stolen vehicle, happened at around 2.20am this morning when a green Land Rover Defender failed to stop for police.
Officers pursued the vehicle from Elm Hall roundabout, along Elm High Road and onto Westmead Avenue.
During this time the Land Rover had rammed the police vehicle on a number of occasions causing extensive damage.
One officer suffered minor injuries and was seen by a paramedic but remained on duty.
You may also want to watch:
The police car, a Ford Focus, was immobilised as a result and the Land Rover made off from the scene, heading off towards Wisbech town centre.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the whereabouts of the Land Rover Defender and who may have been driving the vehicle at the time.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 5 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
Witnesses should contact Sgt Simon Stone at Downham Market Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their online form at http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/