Still time to enter Fenland Has (Musical) Talent - and here's what you're singing for!
ENTRIES have flooded in for our pursuit of the best musical talent in Fenland – and this is the trophy up for grabs. Last week, we launched the campaign to find the winner of the 2010 Fenland Has (Musical) Talent, in conjunction with March Summer Festival
ENTRIES have flooded in for our pursuit of the best musical talent in Fenland - and this is the trophy up for grabs.
Last week, we launched the campaign to find the winner of the 2010 Fenland Has (Musical) Talent, in conjunction with March Summer Festival Committee.
This trophy donated by Patsy Brewin in memory of her late husband George, �100 cash and the chance to perform at this year's summer festival in West End Park, March, are all at stake.
Dennis Hicks of March is organising the competition in association with the festival committee and has put together a panel of judges to select the top act that will appear in the final on Sunday June 13.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions will take place at Young People March on Sunday May 9 from 10am-4pm for the chance to reach the special Fenland Has (Musical) Talent night.
That event will be at the Braza in Elm Road on Sunday June 6 in front of a live audience, starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience
The judges are Alan Norris of the Alan Norris Big Band, Darren O'Sullivan, a music and dance promoter, Lisa Dickinson of Dance Mania and Paul Hicks of 'Monkey's Uncle'.
Businessman John Whitehead has put up the �100 prize.
There is still plenty of time to enter. Entry costs just �1 and will be collected at the auditions. Once you've entered we'll contact you to let you know the best time to attend.
All we want at this stage is your name, a very brief outline of your act and a contact number.
Send your entry to Fenland Has (Musical) Talent, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ. Alternatively, click here.