MP Steve Barclay visits ‘very impressive’ indoor rock climbing centre
- Credit: Steve Barclay
MP Steve Barclay visited a newly opened 8,000sqft indoor rock climbing centre which hopes to further expand, opening an Olympic-size wall.
The North East Cambridgeshire MP visited Fenrock at Wisbech and met with owners Nate George and Alex Harris to discuss their future.
The centre, located on Cattle Market Chase, opened in July last year and was described by Mr Barclay as “very impressive” following his visit on April 25.
“Was lovely to have Steve drop by to check out what we have been up to recently and fill him in on our plans for the future,” said a Fenrock spokesperson.
Mr Barclay said: “I popped into Fenrock at Wisbech to meet up with Nate George and Alex Harris to hear about plans for the new venue.
You may also want to watch:
“It was my first visit since the new centre opened last year and at 8000sqft it’s very impressive.
“But it’s not just the size; the sheer scope of the venue with routes for all grades and abilities means there truly is something for everyone.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
“Now Nate is talking about getting an Olympic size climbing wall, which really will make this venue stand out.
“I wish the team the best of luck and will certainly be back with the family to try out the fun for myself!”