Foundation donates £3,000 to MP Steve Barclay’s Read to Succeed
- Credit: MP Steve Barclay
A charitable foundation has made a donation of £3,000 to kick-start MP Steve Barclay’s ‘Read to Succeed’ campaign to get more local children reading.
Clarion Futures, the charitable foundation of Clarion Housing Group, handed over a cheque after donating £6,000 over the past two years.
Mr Barclay said: “I visited Clarion Futures to receive their kind donation of £3,000 to kick-start this year’s campaign.
“They have been a strong supporter of our community initiative, donating £6,000 over the past two years, and hundreds of children have benefitted from their support.”
Phil Miles, director of Clarion Futures, said: “Given the impact of the pandemic on education, initiatives such as Read to Succeed have never been so important.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re proud to be supporting this inspiring project that will make such a difference to children across North East Cambridgeshire, helping to foster a lifelong love of reading.”
The Read to Succeed campaign seeks to raise donations of new books from residents across North East Cambridgeshire.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 10 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
It was launched with the expectation that every year 4 pupil across the constituency will receive a new book.
To make a donation, email: firstname.lastname@example.org