Star Wars superfan Will shows off his ‘pride and joy’ memorabilia at Wisbech Light Cinema
- Credit: Archant
A Star Wars superfan from Coates visited the Light Cinema in Wisbech on Saturday to show off his vast collection of memorabilia.
Will Cleaver, who said he has been collecting merchandise from the sci-fi franchise for “far too long”, displayed toys, lightsabers and books to hundreds of people before they watched the new movie, ‘Episode VII: The Force Awakens’ – which Will has now seen three times!
“I’ve been collecting since I was a child,” the 40-year-old said. “People were coming up to me and saying ‘I used to have that’.
“I also took my BB8 (from the new movie) along with me and a disabled child came and saw it. I switched the droid to auto mode so it reacted when the boy stamped his feet. He thought he was playing with him - the look of joy on his face was something amazing to watch.”
Mr Cleaver said his original Luke Skywalker Force FX lightsaber, which is worth hundreds of pounds, is his ‘pride and joy’.
“It’s 100% authentic. It’s the type of lightsaber the actor’s have when they’re filming. When you push the switch up it makes all the noises and lights up.”
And what does he think of the new film? “I’ve already seen it twice in 2D and once in 3D with friends.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
“I really, really enjoyed it. I’m not counting down but its only 361 days until the spin-off, ‘Rogue One’.