Star Wars superfan Will shows off his ‘pride and joy’ memorabilia at Wisbech Light Cinema
- Credit: Archant
A Star Wars superfan from Coates visited the Light Cinema in Wisbech on Saturday to show off his vast collection of memorabilia.
Will Cleaver, who said he has been collecting merchandise from the sci-fi franchise for “far too long”, displayed toys, lightsabers and books to hundreds of people before they watched the new movie, ‘Episode VII: The Force Awakens’ – which Will has now seen three times!
“I’ve been collecting since I was a child,” the 40-year-old said. “People were coming up to me and saying ‘I used to have that’.
“I also took my BB8 (from the new movie) along with me and a disabled child came and saw it. I switched the droid to auto mode so it reacted when the boy stamped his feet. He thought he was playing with him - the look of joy on his face was something amazing to watch.”
Mr Cleaver said his original Luke Skywalker Force FX lightsaber, which is worth hundreds of pounds, is his ‘pride and joy’.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s 100% authentic. It’s the type of lightsaber the actor’s have when they’re filming. When you push the switch up it makes all the noises and lights up.”
And what does he think of the new film? “I’ve already seen it twice in 2D and once in 3D with friends.
- 1 Couple 'treated like criminals' despite disabled carer Covid-19 shopping rules
- 2 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 3 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
“I really, really enjoyed it. I’m not counting down but its only 361 days until the spin-off, ‘Rogue One’.