Staff dress as movie characters as The Light Cinema goes all out to celebrate its first birthday
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema in Wisbech threw a party with giveaways and special screenings to celebrate its first birthday.
There was a performance by the Ouse Valley Singles Club, while staff dressed up as movie characters including Princess Fiona from Shrek, Maverick from Top Gun and Minnie Mouse.
To mark the occasion, Downham Market bakers Cream Me Up Scotty made a special cake. The masterpiece was joined by cakes baked by staff members which were sold to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Emma McGuire, marketing and events co-ordinator at The Light, said: “We have had an amazing first year. We have welcomed thousands of people through our doors and have lots of loyal customers that come back time after time. We hope the next year will be just as fun.”
The cinema’s next event will be a weekend of prehistoric fun to mark the release of Jurassic World.
You may also want to watch:
Fossils Galore of March and Wisbech’s Fangtasia will be at the cinema for fossils and reptile handling on June 13 and 14.
The event is free for cinema ticket holders but some activities may have a small charge.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease