Staff dress as movie characters as The Light Cinema goes all out to celebrate its first birthday
- Credit: Archant
The Light Cinema in Wisbech threw a party with giveaways and special screenings to celebrate its first birthday.
There was a performance by the Ouse Valley Singles Club, while staff dressed up as movie characters including Princess Fiona from Shrek, Maverick from Top Gun and Minnie Mouse.
To mark the occasion, Downham Market bakers Cream Me Up Scotty made a special cake. The masterpiece was joined by cakes baked by staff members which were sold to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Emma McGuire, marketing and events co-ordinator at The Light, said: “We have had an amazing first year. We have welcomed thousands of people through our doors and have lots of loyal customers that come back time after time. We hope the next year will be just as fun.”
The cinema’s next event will be a weekend of prehistoric fun to mark the release of Jurassic World.
You may also want to watch:
Fossils Galore of March and Wisbech’s Fangtasia will be at the cinema for fossils and reptile handling on June 13 and 14.
The event is free for cinema ticket holders but some activities may have a small charge.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 6 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic