A 20 year old man is at court today following stabbing in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A 20 year old man from Wisbech will appear at court today (Monday 25) charged with grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to a stabbing incident which left the victim in a critical condition.
The police cordon has now been lifted at the scene in Norwich Road and a woman has been released on bail to return in 28 days.
Reece Gray, 20, from Wisbech, has been charged with causing GBH with intent and has been remanded to appear at Kings Lynn Magistrates’ Court this morning.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at just before noon on Saturday 23 to a report that a man had been stabbed at a property in Norwich Road, Wisbech.
“The victim, a man in his 30s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by air ambulance where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
“A 20-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is in custody at King’s Lynn.
“A woman in her 40s has also been arrested on suspicion of perverting he course of justice and has been taken to King’s Lynn.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 4 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 5 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 6 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 New mayor pledges to 'do Wisbech proud'
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
The victim remains in a critical but stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
• Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident 178 of 23 June or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.