A 20 year old man is at court today following stabbing in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A 20 year old man from Wisbech will appear at court today (Monday 25) charged with grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to a stabbing incident which left the victim in a critical condition.
The police cordon has now been lifted at the scene in Norwich Road and a woman has been released on bail to return in 28 days.
Reece Gray, 20, from Wisbech, has been charged with causing GBH with intent and has been remanded to appear at Kings Lynn Magistrates’ Court this morning.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at just before noon on Saturday 23 to a report that a man had been stabbed at a property in Norwich Road, Wisbech.
“The victim, a man in his 30s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by air ambulance where he remains in a critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
“A 20-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is in custody at King’s Lynn.
“A woman in her 40s has also been arrested on suspicion of perverting he course of justice and has been taken to King’s Lynn.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
The victim remains in a critical but stable condition at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
• Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident 178 of 23 June or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report.