St John Ambulance appeals for Fenland people to tell how first aid has helped them
ST John Ambulance is appealing for people to come forward with real-life stories of how first aid has helped them. They want to hear how first aid, from stemming a severe bleed to putting someone in the recovery position, has made a difference. Amanda Nor
ST John Ambulance is appealing for people to come forward with real-life stories of how first aid has helped them.
They want to hear how first aid, from stemming a severe bleed to putting someone in the recovery position, has made a difference.
Amanda Norton of St John Ambulance said: "Every year in Cambridgeshire we train hundreds of people through our first aid courses.
"We sometimes hear from people who have been saved from choking or treated at the scene of a road accident by first aiders, but we're keen to build up a fuller picture of how people in the country are benefitting from knowledge of simple first aid.
You may also want to watch:
"We know how important first aid is and believe that no-one should suffer from the lack of a trained first aider.
"Real-life examples of skills which have saved lives will help us bring that message home to people who might be considering whether or not learning first aid would be beneficial."
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
The charity runs courses in Huntingdon, Peterborough, Whittlesey and Cambridge including basic first aid, resuscitation, and emergency life support.
CONTACT: Amanda Norton on 01480 382729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.