Dragon slaying in Wisbech for St George’s Day festival
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations took place in Wisbech when the town council organised its St George’s Day festival.
Mayor, Councillor Steve Tierney, said: “The weather didn’t let us down and was gorgeous. The event went smoothly with no problems and the turnout, after a slow start, was really good.
“Lots of families had great fun and the live dragon hunt proved as popular as last year.
“Thanks must go to the team of councillors and volunteers who organised, manned and delivered the whole thing. The Market Place was busy and the event popular and enjoyed.”
The day was used as a chance to set up a public consultation for the Market Place project, letting the public look at ideas for possible future plans.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Tierney said: “There was a lot of interest, and while different people had different views on some of the individual aspects - we did not encounter a single person who said “no” to the over plan, direction and scheme.”
Councillor Andrew Lynn played the part of St George while Councillor Peter Human was a dragon.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 9 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder