St Augustine’s Church in Wisbech lights up thanks to Christmas Tree Festival
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people visited St Augustine’s Church in Wisbech at the weekend to look around its annual Christmas tree festival.
Around 50 trees, which were put up and decorated by people from local shops, are on display in the church as well as a number of trees decorated by children.
“It’s a thing we like to do every year and we build on it as much as we can,” said Jessie Tiundale, who helped organise the festival.
“We like to have the trees all lit up - and the children’s ones gives it a lovely little touch.
“There are also six pillars hanging down which have been decorated with knitted angels made by the Nitter Natter Group. They look fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“We had at least 30 people each day and everyone seemed to enjoy what they saw. Some people said they were surprised that we don’t get as many visitors as we should.
“If anyone wants to come and look they just need to call the church on 07874 245683.”
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain