‘Springtime variety’ and ‘interesting displays’ part of new season at Peckover House in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Expect “plenty of springtime variety, with interesting new displays and a different way of seeing the house,” when the new season at Peckover House in Wisbech begins.
Between February 25 and April 2, entrance to the National Trust’s house, will be in the form of house tours.
“The tours will allow plenty of opportunity for visitors to see the house, which includes the season’s new exhibitions,” said Diane Smith, of Peckover House.
“‘Dean Spanley - film making at Peckover House’ is our new exhibitions that looks back at 2007, when Peter O’Toole and his fellow actors came to town and Peckover was turned into a film set.
“There is also a scale model of Peckover House, a perfectly made dolls’ house, which takes pride of place in the Museum Room.”
House manager Ben Rickett said: “Our tours are a new idea for the start of season. We hope that visitors will enjoy this different way of seeing the house.
“Our volunteers leading the tours will be able to point out the fascinating stories that are associated with this house and the Peckover family who once lived here.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
“They’ll also be revealing more about the work we do today, to continue to care for the collection and building they’ve come to explore.”
There are three tours a day at Peckover House - at noon, 1.30pm and 2.45pm. Booking is advised.
The garden is also open from 11am to 4pm.
To book a place on a tour or for more information call 01945 583463.