Sporty Wisbech students triumph at inaugural Brooke Weston Trust Sports Awards
- Credit: Archant
Sporty students scored a number of awards at the first Brooke Weston Trust Sports Awards.
Thomas Clarkson Academy students Jo Clifford, Piper O’Neill, Charlotte Cameron and the Year 10 boy’s basketball team triumphed at the ceremony which was held on Friday night at the Core Theatre, Corby.
Jo was awarded for her dedication to football and rounders despite medical conditions; Piper plays for Peterborough United and has scored 14 goals in 10 games for the TCA Year 7 girls football team this year; Charlotte is a current world champion in kickboxing and the Year 10 boy’s basketball team won the county championships.
Year 6 Peckover Primary School pupil Harley Chapman-Brown was also a winner on the evening as he was given the key stage two award for outstanding contribution.
Hundreds of students and parents from the ten BWT schools attended the awards ceremony in which young people from key stage two to four were recognised for their commitment.
You may also want to watch:
The basketball team won key stage four team of the year, Jo Clifford won the key stage three participation and achievement award, Piper O’Neill won the BWT sportswoman of the year award and Charlotte Cameron won the same award in the key stage five category.
In total, 18 awards were presented by special guests baroness Sue Campbell, chairman of the Youth Sport Trust and former BMX World Champion Mike Mullen, who demonstrated a trick with executive principal John Henrys.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition