Sponsored swim raises thousands for Help the Heroes
A GROUP of swimmers from Wisbech have raised a staggering �2,700 for Help the Heroes.
The money was raised thanks to a sponsored swim, where 14 fundraisers, including members from the police and fire service, swam a mile each - a combined total of almost 900 lengths of the Hudson Leisure Centre Pool.
Sue Clarke, who masterminded the fundraising effort, said she was delighted that the sponsored swim had far exceeded her target of �1000.
She said: “It’s a cause that a lot of people are very passionate about and I’m absolutely over the moon with how much we raised.
“I would like to thank Hudson Sports Centre for the use of their pool, all the people who took part and all those who sponsored us.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue is now considering further fundraising activities, with a charity run planned for the near future.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured