Sponsored swim raises thousands for Help the Heroes
A GROUP of swimmers from Wisbech have raised a staggering �2,700 for Help the Heroes.
The money was raised thanks to a sponsored swim, where 14 fundraisers, including members from the police and fire service, swam a mile each - a combined total of almost 900 lengths of the Hudson Leisure Centre Pool.
Sue Clarke, who masterminded the fundraising effort, said she was delighted that the sponsored swim had far exceeded her target of �1000.
She said: “It’s a cause that a lot of people are very passionate about and I’m absolutely over the moon with how much we raised.
“I would like to thank Hudson Sports Centre for the use of their pool, all the people who took part and all those who sponsored us.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue is now considering further fundraising activities, with a charity run planned for the near future.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition