Sponsored swim raises thousands for Help the Heroes
A GROUP of swimmers from Wisbech have raised a staggering �2,700 for Help the Heroes.
The money was raised thanks to a sponsored swim, where 14 fundraisers, including members from the police and fire service, swam a mile each - a combined total of almost 900 lengths of the Hudson Leisure Centre Pool.
Sue Clarke, who masterminded the fundraising effort, said she was delighted that the sponsored swim had far exceeded her target of �1000.
She said: “It’s a cause that a lot of people are very passionate about and I’m absolutely over the moon with how much we raised.
“I would like to thank Hudson Sports Centre for the use of their pool, all the people who took part and all those who sponsored us.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue is now considering further fundraising activities, with a charity run planned for the near future.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 9 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease