New Witchford speed bump helps police stop suspected criminals within hours of being installed
- Credit: East Cambs Cops
A new speed bump helped Cambridgeshire cops stop two speeding suspected criminals within hours of it being installed.
The county council fitted the speed preventer on Main Street, Witchford and within just three hours East Cambs Cops had two people detained.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "New Witchford speed bump foils wanted males' getaway.
"Two suspects were detained by Cambs Rural Cops after they made off from local officers in a Focus hitting this bump so fast their car shed a tyre.
"Police and public teamwork ensured swift arrests. #OneTeam."
You may also want to watch:
The bump was installed as part of a local highways improvement scheme to slow traffic speed and improve crossing for pedestrians.
The council has thanked Witchford residents for their patience while they carried out works.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash