New Witchford speed bump helps police stop suspected criminals within hours of being installed
- Credit: East Cambs Cops
A new speed bump helped Cambridgeshire cops stop two speeding suspected criminals within hours of it being installed.
The county council fitted the speed preventer on Main Street, Witchford and within just three hours East Cambs Cops had two people detained.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "New Witchford speed bump foils wanted males' getaway.
"Two suspects were detained by Cambs Rural Cops after they made off from local officers in a Focus hitting this bump so fast their car shed a tyre.
"Police and public teamwork ensured swift arrests. #OneTeam."
You may also want to watch:
The bump was installed as part of a local highways improvement scheme to slow traffic speed and improve crossing for pedestrians.
The council has thanked Witchford residents for their patience while they carried out works.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'