SOUTH HOLLAND: John Hayes MP to chair wind turbine public meeting tomorrow
SOUTH Holland MP John Hayes will chair a public meeting tomorrow at Tydd St Mary Village Hall, to discuss concerns about plans for seven 127-metre high wind turbines near the village. Plans have been submitted for a wind farm at Grange Farm, between Sutto
SOUTH Holland MP John Hayes will chair a public meeting tomorrow at Tydd St Mary Village Hall, to discuss concerns about plans for seven 127-metre high wind turbines near the village.
Plans have been submitted for a wind farm at Grange Farm, between Sutton Bridge and Tydd St Mary.
Mr Hayes and representatives have been contacted by a number of concerned residents about the proposals for the turbines.
Jane and Julian Davis - who were forced out of their home after sleepless nights caused by turbine noise at Deeping St Nicholas - will be attend the meeting and give a presentation to share their experiences.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hayes said: "At our first public meeting the Davis' experience clearly struck fear into the people of Sutton Bridge.
"Their presentation demonstrated that these monster wind turbines can cause terrible noise problems - not just for the Davis family - but at numerous sites across the country and indeed the world.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began
"Wind turbines devalue properties and are a terrible visual intrusion in our flat Fenland landscape. Equally, renewable energy needs to pass the twin tests of environmental and economic sustainability and wind power fails on both counts.
"I would encourage as many local people as possible to attend the meeting and hear the facts for themselves.
"After the debate at the Sutton Bridge meeting the overwhelming majority of those present gave the proposals for seven monster wind turbines at Tydd St Mary's Marsh the thumbs down.