Some of Wisbech St Mary’s most beautiful gardens on display at open day
- Credit: Archant
Nine secret gardens in Wisbech St Mary, normally hidden from the public, will be open for visitors to admire on Sunday, June 21.
There is something for everyone - small colourful cottage gardens, large open landscapes, wild flower meadows, fruit and vegetable plots, a collection of more than 300 cacti and succulents, on-line weather station, ponds and water features, hens, fish, a private falconry collection and more.
Fundraising this year is in aid of Papworth Hospital Charity. Last year £820 was raised.
Gardens will be offering everything from pizzas cooked in an outdoor wood fired oven to cakes and cream teas.
Falconry flying demonstrations are at 11am-noon and 2-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Buy entry programmes with maps on the day from any participating garden - look for the gardens displaying a large orange flower.
Gardens are located on Station Road, High Road, St Mary’s Close and off Churchfield Way (PE13 4RY).
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office
The gardens are open on Sunday 21 June from 10-5pm.
Look for the gardens displaying a large orange flower and start at any garden. Entry to all nine gardens, including falconry collection, is £3, with a free programme and map. Accompanied under 16s are free.
More information at www.opengardens.co.uk or contact the organisers Jayne and Richard Walpole on 01945 410772