Solicitor firm celebrates milestone 225 years of practice
WISBECH solicitors Metcalfe Copeman and Pettefar (MCP) celebrated a milestone anniversary of 225 years of practise. The celebrations were held earlier this month and the day began with a street collection and treasure map stall outside the office. There
WISBECH solicitors Metcalfe Copeman and Pettefar (MCP) celebrated a milestone anniversary of 225 years of practise.
The celebrations were held earlier this month and the day began with a street collection and treasure map stall outside the office.
There was also a display of the firm's history at Wisbech library for both existing and former members of staff, consisting of history boards, title deeds and books going back to 1620.
The day ended when 500 balloons were released into the sky with Lance Corporal Matthew Kingston of the 40 Commando Royal Marines starting the race.
You may also want to watch:
The milestone anniversary was deemed a "huge success" by managing partner, Steve Welcomme, raising in excess of �1,400 for the Help for Heroes Charity.
Mr Welcomme said this was just the start of their fundraising campaigns and celebrations which will continue until the end of the year.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
MCP solicitors have offices in Kings Lynn, Peterborough, Thetford and Wisbech and employ more than 100 people.
Special thanks goes to all those who helped, supported the event.