Woman ‘unfit to drive’ arrested and charged after refusing roadside breath test
- Credit: Archant
A woman who police believe was “unfit to drive” was arrested and charged after refusing to co-operate during a roadside breath test.
The 36-year-old was driving a smashed-up car on Bedford Street in Wisbech on Saturday, October 10 when she caught the attention of officers.
The white Citroen was traveling slowly and patrolling officers suspected that the driver was unfit to drive through either drink or drugs.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The driver refused to co-operate with a roadside breath test and was arrested for failing to provide a sample of breath.
“At the police station the driver again refused to co-operate with providing an evidential sample.
You may also want to watch:
“A 36-year-old female from Wisbech has since been charged with failing to provide a specimen for analysis and will appear in court at a later date.”
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed