Small fire in classroom corner led to blaze at Emneth Primary School
- Credit: Archant
A small fire in a corner of one of Emneth Primary School’s classrooms led to the school being closed today.
A small fire in a classroom corner led to Emneth Primary School being closed today.
Alison Townsend, headteacher, said: “We’ve got a very busy day ahead of us here, preparing to reopen the school tomorrow after a small fire in a corner of one of our classrooms last night.
“Thankfully the damage was limited with the worst thing now being the smell of smoke, so we’re airing the rooms and setting up a temporary classroom to use while the damaged classroom is being refurbished.”
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash