Small fire in classroom corner led to blaze at Emneth Primary School
- Credit: Archant
A small fire in a corner of one of Emneth Primary School’s classrooms led to the school being closed today.
A small fire in a classroom corner led to Emneth Primary School being closed today.
Alison Townsend, headteacher, said: “We’ve got a very busy day ahead of us here, preparing to reopen the school tomorrow after a small fire in a corner of one of our classrooms last night.
“Thankfully the damage was limited with the worst thing now being the smell of smoke, so we’re airing the rooms and setting up a temporary classroom to use while the damaged classroom is being refurbished.”
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide