Small fire in classroom corner led to blaze at Emneth Primary School
- Credit: Archant
A small fire in a corner of one of Emneth Primary School’s classrooms led to the school being closed today.
A small fire in a classroom corner led to Emneth Primary School being closed today.
Alison Townsend, headteacher, said: “We’ve got a very busy day ahead of us here, preparing to reopen the school tomorrow after a small fire in a corner of one of our classrooms last night.
“Thankfully the damage was limited with the worst thing now being the smell of smoke, so we’re airing the rooms and setting up a temporary classroom to use while the damaged classroom is being refurbished.”
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed