Small fire in classroom corner led to blaze at Emneth Primary School
- Credit: Archant
A small fire in a corner of one of Emneth Primary School’s classrooms led to the school being closed today.
A small fire in a classroom corner led to Emneth Primary School being closed today.
Alison Townsend, headteacher, said: “We’ve got a very busy day ahead of us here, preparing to reopen the school tomorrow after a small fire in a corner of one of our classrooms last night.
“Thankfully the damage was limited with the worst thing now being the smell of smoke, so we’re airing the rooms and setting up a temporary classroom to use while the damaged classroom is being refurbished.”
The blaze broke out at Emneth Primary School, on Hollycroft Road, at 1.40am this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Wisbech, West Walton and King’s Lynn South were called to the incident.
Firefighters used hose reel jets and main jets to put out the blaze.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start