Drink driver who was spotted swerving past Wisbech Police Station involved in slow-speed pursuit and caught seconds later
- Credit: Supplied/Policing Fenland
An “unlucky drink driver” was stopped after swerving past a Fen police station before getting into a slow-speed chase.
The driver was heading past Wisbech Police Station in the early hours of today (Tuesday November 5) when officers leaving spotted them driving erratically.
Officers followed the dark-coloured Skoda before requesting it to stop; the driver refused and continued driving at a "slow speed".
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Unlucky drink driver. After a very short pursuit lasting less than a mile and at slow speed, the vehicle stopped.
"The driver gave a breath test reading of 55 at the roadside, the limit is 35, and he was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre while his vehicle was taken away for no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver is being charged and remanded to court on Tuesday, November 5."
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets