Drink driver who was spotted swerving past Wisbech Police Station involved in slow-speed pursuit and caught seconds later
- Credit: Supplied/Policing Fenland
An “unlucky drink driver” was stopped after swerving past a Fen police station before getting into a slow-speed chase.
The driver was heading past Wisbech Police Station in the early hours of today (Tuesday November 5) when officers leaving spotted them driving erratically.
Officers followed the dark-coloured Skoda before requesting it to stop; the driver refused and continued driving at a "slow speed".
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Unlucky drink driver. After a very short pursuit lasting less than a mile and at slow speed, the vehicle stopped.
"The driver gave a breath test reading of 55 at the roadside, the limit is 35, and he was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre while his vehicle was taken away for no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver is being charged and remanded to court on Tuesday, November 5."
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare