Drink driver who was spotted swerving past Wisbech Police Station involved in slow-speed pursuit and caught seconds later
- Credit: Supplied/Policing Fenland
An “unlucky drink driver” was stopped after swerving past a Fen police station before getting into a slow-speed chase.
The driver was heading past Wisbech Police Station in the early hours of today (Tuesday November 5) when officers leaving spotted them driving erratically.
Officers followed the dark-coloured Skoda before requesting it to stop; the driver refused and continued driving at a "slow speed".
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Unlucky drink driver. After a very short pursuit lasting less than a mile and at slow speed, the vehicle stopped.
"The driver gave a breath test reading of 55 at the roadside, the limit is 35, and he was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre while his vehicle was taken away for no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver is being charged and remanded to court on Tuesday, November 5."
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time