Drink driver who was spotted swerving past Wisbech Police Station involved in slow-speed pursuit and caught seconds later
- Credit: Supplied/Policing Fenland
An “unlucky drink driver” was stopped after swerving past a Fen police station before getting into a slow-speed chase.
The driver was heading past Wisbech Police Station in the early hours of today (Tuesday November 5) when officers leaving spotted them driving erratically.
Officers followed the dark-coloured Skoda before requesting it to stop; the driver refused and continued driving at a "slow speed".
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Unlucky drink driver. After a very short pursuit lasting less than a mile and at slow speed, the vehicle stopped.
"The driver gave a breath test reading of 55 at the roadside, the limit is 35, and he was arrested and taken to the Police Investigation Centre while his vehicle was taken away for no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver is being charged and remanded to court on Tuesday, November 5."
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000