Wisbech slimmers take part in a park walk as part of a national event raising money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech slimmers joined forces to walk round a town park to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Members of Slimming World brought along family members and even their dogs for the national charity walk at the weekend.
The event, along with donations across groups, will raise about £500.
Sally Shipley, said: “It was part of events across the country to encourage Slimming World members to increase their steps and get roe exercise and to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“We had about 30 people took part doing laps of Wisbech Park.
You may also want to watch:
“One lady was very brave as she joined us on crutches and raised a massive £200.
“Others brought their children, dogs, other people brought members of the family. Everyone had a really good time so not only was it great exercise, it was a lovely social event and raised money for an excellent course.”
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 History of family-run car firm revealed in new autobiography
A spokesman for CRUK said: “Thanks to all those that stepped up to the challenge of walking 10,000 steps a day to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“You’ve raised an incredible fund raising total which will help fund life-saving research to beating cancer sooner and we can’t thank you enough.”