Wisbech slimmers take part in a park walk as part of a national event raising money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech slimmers joined forces to walk round a town park to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Members of Slimming World brought along family members and even their dogs for the national charity walk at the weekend.
The event, along with donations across groups, will raise about £500.
Sally Shipley, said: “It was part of events across the country to encourage Slimming World members to increase their steps and get roe exercise and to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“We had about 30 people took part doing laps of Wisbech Park.
“One lady was very brave as she joined us on crutches and raised a massive £200.
“Others brought their children, dogs, other people brought members of the family. Everyone had a really good time so not only was it great exercise, it was a lovely social event and raised money for an excellent course.”
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 3 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 4 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 8 Wisbech based Alan Hudson centre receives third outstanding award
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
A spokesman for CRUK said: “Thanks to all those that stepped up to the challenge of walking 10,000 steps a day to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“You’ve raised an incredible fund raising total which will help fund life-saving research to beating cancer sooner and we can’t thank you enough.”