Wisbech slimmers take part in a park walk as part of a national event raising money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech slimmers joined forces to walk round a town park to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Members of Slimming World brought along family members and even their dogs for the national charity walk at the weekend.
The event, along with donations across groups, will raise about £500.
Sally Shipley, said: “It was part of events across the country to encourage Slimming World members to increase their steps and get roe exercise and to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“We had about 30 people took part doing laps of Wisbech Park.
You may also want to watch:
“One lady was very brave as she joined us on crutches and raised a massive £200.
“Others brought their children, dogs, other people brought members of the family. Everyone had a really good time so not only was it great exercise, it was a lovely social event and raised money for an excellent course.”
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 9 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
A spokesman for CRUK said: “Thanks to all those that stepped up to the challenge of walking 10,000 steps a day to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
“You’ve raised an incredible fund raising total which will help fund life-saving research to beating cancer sooner and we can’t thank you enough.”