Slimming World consultants raise over £500 for local charities
- Credit: Anna Foster
Two Slimming World consultants have raised over £500 for two local charities with a tombola.
Anna Foster and Charlene Knowles attended Coates fete and Whittlesey’s big bash, donating the money raised to Defibrillators for all and NGNPUK.
“Because of these two charities, anyone needing a lifesaving defibrillator should never be far from one,” said Anna.
“For those that are on end-of-life care, they can be kept comfortable and pain free with more equipment available.”
£564 was raised over the two days.
You may also want to watch:
Charity founders, Deborah and Louise, set up the charities in memory of their loves ones.
Anna said: “There are always so many people who step up to help people out in their time of need in Whittlesey.”
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 3 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
“They work so hard but they can’t do it alone."
Anna and Charlene would like to thank those who donated and bought tombola tickets.
For more information on Slimming World, please visit the webpage.