Slideshow: Wedding Fayre
THE Wisbech Standard Wedding Fayre at the Boathouse, Wisbech, was a stunning success. Our stall holders said so and so did our readers who turned out in large numbers to visit both the fayre and take a look, for the first time, at the new business and con
THE Wisbech Standard Wedding Fayre at the Boathouse, Wisbech, was a stunning success.
Our stall holders said so and so did our readers who turned out in large numbers to visit both the fayre and take a look, for the first time, at the new business and conference centre.
Organiser Sam St Clair said: "It was a really good day. There were no problems and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
"This was an excellent venue and we are extremely grateful to Fenland District Council for allowing us to become the first organisation ever to stage an exhibition at the Boathouse."
She added: "Indeed the Boathouse isn't actually fully open yet so this was a double bonus for the Wisbech Standard. I'm very grateful to the centre manager and to the staff of Fenland Council for all their help and support."
Sam, sales representative for the Wisbech Standard and Cambs Times, is now busy organising the next fayre which will take place in March in the spring.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 7 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 8 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 10 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
She added: "I would like to thank all the stallholders for attending and I'm told by many they all had an excellent day. We look forward to seeing them all again next year."
This weekend Sam is organising another function on behalf of the paper, the 'Christmas Cracker' at Cassanos in High Street, March.
The event, being held on Sunday from 11am to 4pm, features gym equipment, beauty products for Christmas, unique gifts and health and beauty products and personalised chocolates.
For details of these and all promotions contact Sam on 01354 652621 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org