Slideshow: St Peter and St Paul’s Church 'Teddy Bear' day
THERE were parachuting teddies falling from the top of St Peter and St Paul s Church tower in Wisbech last Saturday. After their safety briefing, around 40 teddies took part in the jump but unfortunately three didn t survive the jump. Their stunt was part
THERE were parachuting teddies falling from the top of St Peter and St Paul's Church tower in Wisbech last Saturday.
After their safety briefing, around 40 teddies took part in the jump but unfortunately three didn't survive the jump.
Their stunt was part of the church's teddy bear themed event but poor weather meant that some activities were taken indoors.
As well as parachuting cuddly toys, there was a teddy bears picnic and treasure hunt for children. Adults had a chance to try their luck on the raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Lamorna Poulton, who helped organise the event, said: "Thanks to everyone who helped and took part in the event.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online