Slideshow: St Peter and St Paul’s Church 'Teddy Bear' day
THERE were parachuting teddies falling from the top of St Peter and St Paul s Church tower in Wisbech last Saturday. After their safety briefing, around 40 teddies took part in the jump but unfortunately three didn t survive the jump. Their stunt was part
THERE were parachuting teddies falling from the top of St Peter and St Paul's Church tower in Wisbech last Saturday.
After their safety briefing, around 40 teddies took part in the jump but unfortunately three didn't survive the jump.
Their stunt was part of the church's teddy bear themed event but poor weather meant that some activities were taken indoors.
As well as parachuting cuddly toys, there was a teddy bears picnic and treasure hunt for children. Adults had a chance to try their luck on the raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Lamorna Poulton, who helped organise the event, said: "Thanks to everyone who helped and took part in the event.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000