Slideshow: St Peter and St Paul’s Church 'Teddy Bear' day
THERE were parachuting teddies falling from the top of St Peter and St Paul s Church tower in Wisbech last Saturday. After their safety briefing, around 40 teddies took part in the jump but unfortunately three didn t survive the jump. Their stunt was part
THERE were parachuting teddies falling from the top of St Peter and St Paul's Church tower in Wisbech last Saturday.
After their safety briefing, around 40 teddies took part in the jump but unfortunately three didn't survive the jump.
Their stunt was part of the church's teddy bear themed event but poor weather meant that some activities were taken indoors.
As well as parachuting cuddly toys, there was a teddy bears picnic and treasure hunt for children. Adults had a chance to try their luck on the raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Lamorna Poulton, who helped organise the event, said: "Thanks to everyone who helped and took part in the event.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Emporium takes business to next level
- 6 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 7 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 8 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k