Slideshow: Figurines stolen in Wisbech burglary could be linked to Leverington antiques burglary
POLICE are investigating whether the theft of brass antiques from a house in Leverington is linked to a burglary in Wisbech in which 65 animal and bird Royal Crown Derby Collectable figurines were stolen.
POLICE are investigating whether the theft of these items from a house in Leverington is linked to a burglary in Wisbech.
These items were stolen in a burglary in Dowgate Road, Leverington, which took place between 4.30pm on Tuesday December 29 and 11am the following day.
Among the items stolen were brass statues, a silver fruit bowl, a watercolour painting of Stratford Upon Avon by Fox in a gilt frame, ornamental trumped top vases, ornamental urns, solid brass fire dogs and a brass fire fender.
Two days earlier, 65 animal and bird Royal Crown Derby Collectable figurines were stolen from a house in Manor Gardens, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Each figure is worth between �50 and �300.
A silver candelabra, wine cooler and coasters were also stolen in the burglary, which took place about 5.15pm.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 6 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 7 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named
Det Con Anthony Grief said of the Manor Gardens burglary: "The offenders set off the burglar alarm and carried out the theft while it was sounding.
"We have contacted second hand shops in the area and passed on information about what was stolen and we would like to speak to anyone who thinks they know the whereabouts of these items.
"This is similar to another burglar in Leverington which is currently being investigated and at this time we are looking at whether they may be linked."
Of the Leverington theft Det Con Sarah Sleaford said: "I suspect the offenders may have been at this property for some time.
"I would like to speak to anyone who was in the area and saw any vehicles parked at the property, or saw anything suspicious.
"I would also appeal to anyone who spots any of the antiques taken to contact me immediately."
CONTACT: Police on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.