Slideshow: FENLAND: Priory Golf Centre hosts Fendis day of sporting and craft activities
A DAY of sporting and craft activities was hosted by the Priory Golf Centre at Wimblington for Fenland Disability Sports Forum (Fendis). Coaches and volunteers gave up their time to enable as many people as possible to enjoy the special day. Chairman of t
A DAY of sporting and craft activities was hosted by the Priory Golf Centre at Wimblington for Fenland Disability Sports Forum (Fendis).
Coaches and volunteers gave up their time to enable as many people as possible to enjoy the special day.
Chairman of the Fendis Committee Sue James said it was hoped that those taking part would continue to participate in at least some of the activities.
There was a chance to play a nine hole round of golf with wheelchair users being able to complete a shortened course of five holes.
You may also want to watch:
Coaches from Parkfield Archers were there to give some expert help and advice and there were also coaches there from Cambridgeshire cricket board. New to the day was tag rugby, a non contact sport led by Charlie James who represents England for the Deaf Rugby Union. Football skills were taught by representatives of Cambridgeshire FA.
Verena Downes from Cambridgeshire PCT ran sessions of chair based exercises and there were lots of art and craft activities to sample, including decorating hair brushes and making coasters. Back by popular demand was the T-shirt printing.
- 1 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
A successful raffle was organised by Facet.