Slideshow: Extraordinary photos taken by reader
By The Editor READER Wendy Hobbs submitted this extraordinary set of photos taken, she says, during the final days of September and into the first few days of October. Wendy, from Benwick Road, Doddington, says they may not be up to some other photograp
By The Editor
READER Wendy Hobbs submitted this extraordinary set of photos taken, she says, during the final days of September and into the first few days of October.
Wendy, from Benwick Road, Doddington, says they may not be up to some other photographer's standards "but I thought I'd send them in anyway."
We happen to believe they are of a very good standard, Wendy, and are delighted to publish them.
Our photographer Brian Purdy quite liked the photos, but he thinks Wendy might improve even further her work by following a couple of basic rules.
"Foreground interest is always important," he says. "Secondly a silhouette, such as a church or house or something interesting or even people, help give photographs like this a dimension and life."
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 6 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
His photograph (pictured first in the slideshow) was taken from his recent holiday hotel in Turkey.