Slideshow: Extraordinary photos taken by reader
By The Editor READER Wendy Hobbs submitted this extraordinary set of photos taken, she says, during the final days of September and into the first few days of October. Wendy, from Benwick Road, Doddington, says they may not be up to some other photograp
By The Editor
READER Wendy Hobbs submitted this extraordinary set of photos taken, she says, during the final days of September and into the first few days of October.
Wendy, from Benwick Road, Doddington, says they may not be up to some other photographer's standards "but I thought I'd send them in anyway."
We happen to believe they are of a very good standard, Wendy, and are delighted to publish them.
You may also want to watch:
Our photographer Brian Purdy quite liked the photos, but he thinks Wendy might improve even further her work by following a couple of basic rules.
"Foreground interest is always important," he says. "Secondly a silhouette, such as a church or house or something interesting or even people, help give photographs like this a dimension and life."
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 8 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
His photograph (pictured first in the slideshow) was taken from his recent holiday hotel in Turkey.