Slideshow: Disappointment after low turnout at RTC reduction day
ORGANISERS of a road traffic collision reduction day in Parson Drove – held following complaints from residents about speeding - expressed disappointment after a low turnout. Only 30 or so people turned up for the event, organised by Cambridgeshire Fire
ORGANISERS of a road traffic collision reduction day in Parson Drove - held following complaints from residents about speeding - expressed disappointment after a low turnout.
Only 30 or so people turned up for the event, organised by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and local police.
The event was designed to get visitors thinking about the consequences of their driving, and featured several safety displays by the police, and also various car manufacturers in the area.
It also featured two re-enactments of a road traffic collision, in which firefighters rescued casualties from a vehicle, using specialist cutting equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Howard Newton, community safety officer for Fenland, said: "We were slightly disappointed with the number of people who turned out to this event, but those who did attend seemed to really get something from what they saw.
"A number of these were young people. It is hoped that the scenes they saw today will leave an imprint in their memories which will remain when they learn how to drive."
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said that discussions would be held with Parson Drove Parish Council with a view to increasing numbers for future events.