Slideshow: Annual golf day
ABOUT 140 disabled people took part in a short round of golf at a Fenland group s annual golf day. It was the eighth time the Fendis – Fenland Disability Sports Forum – golf day hit the greens of the Priory Golf Centre, near Wimblington. People from resid
ABOUT 140 disabled people took part in a short round of golf at a Fenland group's annual golf day.
It was the eighth time the Fendis - Fenland Disability Sports Forum - golf day hit the greens of the Priory Golf Centre, near Wimblington.
People from residential homes and learning facilities across Fenland and East Cambridgeshire, and the Meadowgate School in Wisbech, took part in Friday's nine-hole round of golf.
There was also the opportunity to enjoy a range of games run by Cambridgeshire FA, a climbing wall, T-shirt printing and various arts and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
Former European boxing champion Dave 'Boy' Green and snooker star Joe Perry, both from Chatteris, attended the fun day along with Councillor Steve Garratt, Fenland District Council's cabinet member for young people, and representatives from Living Sport and the English Federation of Disability Sport.
# A number of events are planned for the summer holidays. For more information contact Annette Fontaine, the council's sports inclusion officer, on 07951 378297 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Anyone wanting to find out more about Fendis should also contact Annette.