New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- Credit: Skylark Garden Centre
A garden centre hopes its new offering can encourage more anglers to visit the Fens.
Skylark Lakes in Wimblington will open for day ticket fishing from next month after being taken over by new managers in a bid to invest in the area and its lakes.
Edward Gowler, managing director at Skylark Garden Centre, said: “We are looking to development sustainable day ticket waters that encourages more participation into angling.”
The complex, based at the garden centre on Manea Road, will offer a day ticket between 6am-9pm from May 1 and a 24-hour night ticket from 11am till 11am the next day.
The lakes aim to provide a chance for competitive anglers, as well as those wanting to relax.
You may also want to watch:
All sessions must be pre-booked online and the number of people visiting the lakes will be limited to avoid overcrowding.
For more information on booking a session and other offerings, visit: https://skylarklakes.co.uk/home or email email@example.com.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online