RINK HOCKEY: Skaters Scorpions crowned champions to cap off successful season
- Credit: Archant
Skaters Scorpions Rink Hockey Club (SRHC) are celebrating after completing a memorable campaign.
The Wisbech-based outfit saw their teams win silverware whilst finishing in healthy positions in their respective divisions, as well as enjoying two cup runs during the Eastern Counties Rink Hockey Association League season (ECRHA).
In Division Two of the Under 13 League, Skaters were crowned champions, with their under 11's coming second in Division One of their age group and third in the ECRHA Knockout Cup, whereas the senior side came third in Division Two and runners-up in the same Cup.
Last month, the Under 13's travelled to the Ross Peer Sports Centre in Soham.
Skaters won 7-1 in their first contest, before drawing 5-5 in an end-to-end contest with ECU Black.
You may also want to watch:
A nail-biting encounter with ECU Blue soon followed, securing a 3-1 win and a first league title in the club's history.
Skaters Scorpions would like to thank the parents and volunteers for their continued commitment, hard work and the sponsorship of GMB helping the club grow and develop players.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
SRHC are open to new players wishing to try rink hockey on Tuesday nights from 6pm.
For more information, visit their Facebook page, 'Skaters Rink Hockey Club'.