Skaters Roller Hockey Club’s first friendly tournament is a success
- Credit: Archant
Skaters Roller Hockey Club in Wisbech hosted their first friendly tournament over the weekend.
Inviting clubs in the Cambridgeshire area, boys and girls from the ages of six to 11 filled Skaters Roller rink and faced clubs from Soham, Kings Lynn, Ely, Chesterton and Letchworth.
“The sport promotes fitness in youngsters and is great fun,” say the group.
“Skaters RHC are looking for more members from the age of six up to and including adults. Training takes place on Tuesday night from 6pm and costs £5 per session. The first session is free of charge.
“Come along and see what it’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the club said on Facebook: “what a great morning it was. Massive thanks to all that came along and made it a fantastic event. Hopefully do another one soon and see you all again.”
For more information search Skaters Roller Hockey Club on Facebook.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 7 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target