Skaters Roller Hockey Club’s first friendly tournament is a success
- Credit: Archant
Skaters Roller Hockey Club in Wisbech hosted their first friendly tournament over the weekend.
Inviting clubs in the Cambridgeshire area, boys and girls from the ages of six to 11 filled Skaters Roller rink and faced clubs from Soham, Kings Lynn, Ely, Chesterton and Letchworth.
“The sport promotes fitness in youngsters and is great fun,” say the group.
“Skaters RHC are looking for more members from the age of six up to and including adults. Training takes place on Tuesday night from 6pm and costs £5 per session. The first session is free of charge.
“Come along and see what it’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the club said on Facebook: “what a great morning it was. Massive thanks to all that came along and made it a fantastic event. Hopefully do another one soon and see you all again.”
For more information search Skaters Roller Hockey Club on Facebook.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires