Skaters Roller Hockey Club’s first friendly tournament is a success
- Credit: Archant
Skaters Roller Hockey Club in Wisbech hosted their first friendly tournament over the weekend.
Inviting clubs in the Cambridgeshire area, boys and girls from the ages of six to 11 filled Skaters Roller rink and faced clubs from Soham, Kings Lynn, Ely, Chesterton and Letchworth.
“The sport promotes fitness in youngsters and is great fun,” say the group.
“Skaters RHC are looking for more members from the age of six up to and including adults. Training takes place on Tuesday night from 6pm and costs £5 per session. The first session is free of charge.
“Come along and see what it’s all about.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the club said on Facebook: “what a great morning it was. Massive thanks to all that came along and made it a fantastic event. Hopefully do another one soon and see you all again.”
For more information search Skaters Roller Hockey Club on Facebook.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week