Sixteen month ban for drink driver
A DRINK driver who had been ejected from a Wisbech night club was assaulted and chased by door staff, it was claimed in court this week.
“He had tried to get back into the club after being ejected, he was badly assaulted by door staff,” solicitor Tiffany Meredith told District Judge Ken Sheraton.
“He had called his girlfriend to come and take him home, but there was a fight between him and a security guard.
“He was chased to his vehicle,” she said. “He got into the vehicle, and drove away, but door staff stopped him and took the keys from him and called the police.
“He did not feel he had a choice but to get into the vehicle and drive away.”
You may also want to watch:
Minovs, 25, of Sefton Avenue, Wisbech, gave a test reading of 118 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood, when the legal limit is 80 mgs.
He had drunk five glasses of beer that night, added Ms Meredith.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
Minovs admitted drink driving in Falcon Road, Wisbech, on July 4. He was banned from driving for 16 months and fined �200 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.