Sixteen month ban for drink driver
A DRINK driver who had been ejected from a Wisbech night club was assaulted and chased by door staff, it was claimed in court this week.
“He had tried to get back into the club after being ejected, he was badly assaulted by door staff,” solicitor Tiffany Meredith told District Judge Ken Sheraton.
“He had called his girlfriend to come and take him home, but there was a fight between him and a security guard.
“He was chased to his vehicle,” she said. “He got into the vehicle, and drove away, but door staff stopped him and took the keys from him and called the police.
“He did not feel he had a choice but to get into the vehicle and drive away.”
You may also want to watch:
Minovs, 25, of Sefton Avenue, Wisbech, gave a test reading of 118 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood, when the legal limit is 80 mgs.
He had drunk five glasses of beer that night, added Ms Meredith.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Minovs admitted drink driving in Falcon Road, Wisbech, on July 4. He was banned from driving for 16 months and fined �200 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.