Sixteen month ban for drink driver
A DRINK driver who had been ejected from a Wisbech night club was assaulted and chased by door staff, it was claimed in court this week.
“He had tried to get back into the club after being ejected, he was badly assaulted by door staff,” solicitor Tiffany Meredith told District Judge Ken Sheraton.
“He had called his girlfriend to come and take him home, but there was a fight between him and a security guard.
“He was chased to his vehicle,” she said. “He got into the vehicle, and drove away, but door staff stopped him and took the keys from him and called the police.
“He did not feel he had a choice but to get into the vehicle and drive away.”
Minovs, 25, of Sefton Avenue, Wisbech, gave a test reading of 118 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood, when the legal limit is 80 mgs.
He had drunk five glasses of beer that night, added Ms Meredith.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Minovs admitted drink driving in Falcon Road, Wisbech, on July 4. He was banned from driving for 16 months and fined �200 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.