Sixteen month ban for drink driver
A DRINK driver who had been ejected from a Wisbech night club was assaulted and chased by door staff, it was claimed in court this week.
“He had tried to get back into the club after being ejected, he was badly assaulted by door staff,” solicitor Tiffany Meredith told District Judge Ken Sheraton.
“He had called his girlfriend to come and take him home, but there was a fight between him and a security guard.
“He was chased to his vehicle,” she said. “He got into the vehicle, and drove away, but door staff stopped him and took the keys from him and called the police.
“He did not feel he had a choice but to get into the vehicle and drive away.”
You may also want to watch:
Minovs, 25, of Sefton Avenue, Wisbech, gave a test reading of 118 mgs of alcohol in 100 mls of blood, when the legal limit is 80 mgs.
He had drunk five glasses of beer that night, added Ms Meredith.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Minovs admitted drink driving in Falcon Road, Wisbech, on July 4. He was banned from driving for 16 months and fined �200 with �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.