Sibling admiration spurring on Anthony as he takes on 96 mile trek in aid of Spinal Research
- Credit: Archant
A man will undertake an epic 96 mile trek along the West Highland Way next month, spurred on by his “inspirational” sister.
Anthony Dann’s sister Becky has fought with spinal problems since being diagnosed with curvature of the spine (scoliosis) at a young age. Despite being mostly wheelchair bound, she is living her life to the full, Mr Dann says.
Mr Dann’s trek will raise funds for Spinal Research. He is already on his way to an impressive total - a tombola stall he ran at Wisbech Rock Festival brought in £344.
Mr Dann said: “The reason I’m doing this is because my sister Becky has fought with spinal problems from a very young age.
“She was diagnosed with scoliosis which after numerous operations has left her needing a wheelchair for most of the time.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s currently studying photography and is able to drive so she doesn’t let her condition stop her. She is my inspiration for doing this and I hope to raise some vital funds which will help Spinal Research in their search for spinal repair.
“I would like to mention that two good friends and myself ran a tombola stall at the Wisbech Rock Festival to try and raise some sponsorship and in doing so we raised a massive £344 so I would to say thanks to everybody that came over and said hello and supported this great charity.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
To donate, go to www.justgiving.comAnthony-Dann2