Sibling admiration spurring on Anthony as he takes on 96 mile trek in aid of Spinal Research
- Credit: Archant
A man will undertake an epic 96 mile trek along the West Highland Way next month, spurred on by his “inspirational” sister.
Anthony Dann’s sister Becky has fought with spinal problems since being diagnosed with curvature of the spine (scoliosis) at a young age. Despite being mostly wheelchair bound, she is living her life to the full, Mr Dann says.
Mr Dann’s trek will raise funds for Spinal Research. He is already on his way to an impressive total - a tombola stall he ran at Wisbech Rock Festival brought in £344.
Mr Dann said: “The reason I’m doing this is because my sister Becky has fought with spinal problems from a very young age.
“She was diagnosed with scoliosis which after numerous operations has left her needing a wheelchair for most of the time.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s currently studying photography and is able to drive so she doesn’t let her condition stop her. She is my inspiration for doing this and I hope to raise some vital funds which will help Spinal Research in their search for spinal repair.
“I would like to mention that two good friends and myself ran a tombola stall at the Wisbech Rock Festival to try and raise some sponsorship and in doing so we raised a massive £344 so I would to say thanks to everybody that came over and said hello and supported this great charity.”
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
To donate, go to www.justgiving.comAnthony-Dann2