Should mayor Aigars Balsevics resign, or be asked by Wisbech Town Council to resign?
- Credit: Terry Harris
Wisbech is represented by a mayor, Cllr Aigars Balsevics, who, in his business life, has been criticised by a licensing subcommittee.
HAVE YOUR SAY:
Fenland Council licensing committee found Cllr Balsevics breached Covid-19 regulations at the Angel on Christmas Eve.
“Covid regulations were largely ignored as was the Health and Safety at Work Act,” the committee concluded.
“There was little or no safeguarding for employees and customers. The motive behind this blatant disregard can only be for profit.
You may also want to watch:
“We find such behaviour during the pandemic staggering to say the least.”
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience