Shop worker used customer’s details
ARGOS shop worker Kerry Green was facing almost £1,000 worth of debt when she used a customer s store card details to buy items for herself Green ordered furniture, a bag and children s toys, and had them delivered to her Wisbech home. Just days later it
ARGOS shop worker Kerry Green was facing almost £1,000 worth of debt when she used a customer's store card details to buy items for herself Green ordered furniture, a bag and children's toys, and had them delivered to her Wisbech home.
Just days later it was discovered that 20-year-old Green had also used a customer's store card details to put £50 credit on her mobile phone, and buy nearly £200 worth of items.
Green, of Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech, admitted fraud, by retaining and using Glenda Friend's store card details to buy £252.81 worth of goods on August 29. She was cautioned for the other offence.
"She was claiming income support and working just three hours a week, her income was £46.44 a week," solicitor John Clarke told Fenland magistrates. "The temptation was too much."
Green must carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and pay £252.81 compensation.
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet