Shop worker used customer’s details
ARGOS shop worker Kerry Green was facing almost £1,000 worth of debt when she used a customer s store card details to buy items for herself Green ordered furniture, a bag and children s toys, and had them delivered to her Wisbech home. Just days later it
ARGOS shop worker Kerry Green was facing almost £1,000 worth of debt when she used a customer's store card details to buy items for herself Green ordered furniture, a bag and children's toys, and had them delivered to her Wisbech home.
Just days later it was discovered that 20-year-old Green had also used a customer's store card details to put £50 credit on her mobile phone, and buy nearly £200 worth of items.
Green, of Elizabeth Terrace, Wisbech, admitted fraud, by retaining and using Glenda Friend's store card details to buy £252.81 worth of goods on August 29. She was cautioned for the other offence.
"She was claiming income support and working just three hours a week, her income was £46.44 a week," solicitor John Clarke told Fenland magistrates. "The temptation was too much."
You may also want to watch:
Green must carry out 100 hours of unpaid work and pay £252.81 compensation.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault