Shire horse breeder sweeps the board
A THIRD-generation Shire horse breeder swept the board with his foal before handing him to a new owner. Tom Brownlow, from Gorefield, picked up 10 rosettes and six trophies at the Wisbech Shire Horse Show with his foal, Gorefield Joseph. The seven-month-o
A THIRD-generation Shire horse breeder swept the board with his foal before handing him to a new owner.
Tom Brownlow, from Gorefield, picked up 10 rosettes and six trophies at the Wisbech Shire Horse Show with his foal, Gorefield Joseph.
The seven-month-old foal won the best colt foal class, best foal class, junior champion, best turned out foal and overall championship at the show, held at the East of England Showground at Peterborough.
Mr Brownlow's wife Jean said: "Tom has never had as much success in one event as this.
"It's not often you get a foal champion of the show but the judge was very impressed with him and said it was an outstanding foal."
Gorefield Joseph had been sold prior to the show, to a man from Acle, near Norwich, who owns the foal's father. He collected the foal at the show.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
Mr Brownlow, 82, born and bred in Gorefield, became involved in Shire horse breeding through his grandfather Will Spikings and his father George.
His son Graham and grandson Joseph, whom Gorefield Joseph is named after, also breed Shire horses from their farm in Murrow.