Shire horse breeder sweeps the board
A THIRD-generation Shire horse breeder swept the board with his foal before handing him to a new owner. Tom Brownlow, from Gorefield, picked up 10 rosettes and six trophies at the Wisbech Shire Horse Show with his foal, Gorefield Joseph. The seven-month-o
A THIRD-generation Shire horse breeder swept the board with his foal before handing him to a new owner.
Tom Brownlow, from Gorefield, picked up 10 rosettes and six trophies at the Wisbech Shire Horse Show with his foal, Gorefield Joseph.
The seven-month-old foal won the best colt foal class, best foal class, junior champion, best turned out foal and overall championship at the show, held at the East of England Showground at Peterborough.
Mr Brownlow's wife Jean said: "Tom has never had as much success in one event as this.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not often you get a foal champion of the show but the judge was very impressed with him and said it was an outstanding foal."
Gorefield Joseph had been sold prior to the show, to a man from Acle, near Norwich, who owns the foal's father. He collected the foal at the show.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
Mr Brownlow, 82, born and bred in Gorefield, became involved in Shire horse breeding through his grandfather Will Spikings and his father George.
His son Graham and grandson Joseph, whom Gorefield Joseph is named after, also breed Shire horses from their farm in Murrow.