Shire horse breeder sweeps the board
A THIRD-generation Shire horse breeder swept the board with his foal before handing him to a new owner. Tom Brownlow, from Gorefield, picked up 10 rosettes and six trophies at the Wisbech Shire Horse Show with his foal, Gorefield Joseph. The seven-month-o
A THIRD-generation Shire horse breeder swept the board with his foal before handing him to a new owner.
Tom Brownlow, from Gorefield, picked up 10 rosettes and six trophies at the Wisbech Shire Horse Show with his foal, Gorefield Joseph.
The seven-month-old foal won the best colt foal class, best foal class, junior champion, best turned out foal and overall championship at the show, held at the East of England Showground at Peterborough.
Mr Brownlow's wife Jean said: "Tom has never had as much success in one event as this.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not often you get a foal champion of the show but the judge was very impressed with him and said it was an outstanding foal."
Gorefield Joseph had been sold prior to the show, to a man from Acle, near Norwich, who owns the foal's father. He collected the foal at the show.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
Mr Brownlow, 82, born and bred in Gorefield, became involved in Shire horse breeding through his grandfather Will Spikings and his father George.
His son Graham and grandson Joseph, whom Gorefield Joseph is named after, also breed Shire horses from their farm in Murrow.