Ship’s ahoy for newly graduated warfare specialist Leah Parsons
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech woman has sailed through her warfare specialist training and will now join her first ship, HMS Ocean.
Leah Parsons, 26, recently graduated from HMS Collingwood, Fareham, Hampshire, completing her Phase Two training with Victory Squadron.
She joined the Royal Navy in January this year to pursue the career she always wanted with the chance to travel.
Miss Parsons, who is originally from Australia but now lives in Wisbech with her mum Andrea, is a former HMP Peterborough Prison employee.
She said her time in the navy so far has been a ‘rollercoaster of emotions’.
You may also want to watch:
After being injured during her initial training, Leah said: “I have pushed myself further than I thought possible.
“I didn’t think I would be able to get where I am now. I’m proud of what I have achieved”, she added.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
Leah was a keen gymnast before joining the navy and her career choice follows the footsteps of her uncle who was a warrant officer in the army.
She will now join a team who detect threats to the ship, identifying targets and making crucial tactical decisions.