Ship’s ahoy for newly graduated warfare specialist Leah Parsons
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech woman has sailed through her warfare specialist training and will now join her first ship, HMS Ocean.
Leah Parsons, 26, recently graduated from HMS Collingwood, Fareham, Hampshire, completing her Phase Two training with Victory Squadron.
She joined the Royal Navy in January this year to pursue the career she always wanted with the chance to travel.
Miss Parsons, who is originally from Australia but now lives in Wisbech with her mum Andrea, is a former HMP Peterborough Prison employee.
She said her time in the navy so far has been a ‘rollercoaster of emotions’.
You may also want to watch:
After being injured during her initial training, Leah said: “I have pushed myself further than I thought possible.
“I didn’t think I would be able to get where I am now. I’m proud of what I have achieved”, she added.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 9 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 10 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
Leah was a keen gymnast before joining the navy and her career choice follows the footsteps of her uncle who was a warrant officer in the army.
She will now join a team who detect threats to the ship, identifying targets and making crucial tactical decisions.