Shiny classic vehicles on show at annual Christchurch event
- Credit: Nate Lansdell Green Turtle Web Creations
Dozens of shiny restored classic vehicles were on show on Sunday (June 10) during an annual event held in Christchurch.
People in their hundreds headed to the community centre recreation grounds for the first of two classic vehicle shows held in the village.
Geoffrey Harper, one of the organisers, said: “There were a good variety of vehicles including motorbikes and scooters.
“The immaculate restored condition of the vehicles drew much admiration from all onlookers. Chrome and polish sparkled in the glorious sunshine.”
Bramblebee Farm, based in Emneth, provided a BBQ, kitchen and bar refreshments throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Harper added: “I would like to give special thanks to the Bluebells Inn Car Club, Anglia MGF, MG Rover Herts, Beds and Essex Owners.
“Some older females shared a private memory with amusement and a chuckle, remarking that a few of the cars reminded them of old boyfriends and Fenland Old Skool Ford Car Clubs.”
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The next event will be held on Sunday September 2 where entrance is free.
For more information, follow Christchurch Community Centre on Facebook.