Shed and fences destroyed in Wisbech arson
- Credit: Archant
A shed and two neighbouring fences were destroyed in an arson in Wisbech.
The incident happened at about midnight on Monday in Sybil Road. The fire destroyed the shed and spread, damaging fencing in neighbouring gardens.
PC Justin Bielawski said: “The fire spread and caused significant damage and we are keen to speak to witnesses.
“Although the fire happened at midnight, the footpath close to the houses affected is well-used and a busy route, at all times of the day.”
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “A crew from Wisbech was called to a shed fire in Sybil Road, Wisbech.
“A fire involving sheds and two fences was extinguished using two hose reels. Crews returned to their station by 1.15am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate.”
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 5 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 6 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 7 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
Anyone with information should call 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.