Shed and fences destroyed in Wisbech arson
- Credit: Archant
A shed and two neighbouring fences were destroyed in an arson in Wisbech.
The incident happened at about midnight on Monday in Sybil Road. The fire destroyed the shed and spread, damaging fencing in neighbouring gardens.
PC Justin Bielawski said: “The fire spread and caused significant damage and we are keen to speak to witnesses.
“Although the fire happened at midnight, the footpath close to the houses affected is well-used and a busy route, at all times of the day.”
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “A crew from Wisbech was called to a shed fire in Sybil Road, Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“A fire involving sheds and two fences was extinguished using two hose reels. Crews returned to their station by 1.15am.
“The cause of the fire was deliberate.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
Anyone with information should call 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.