Sewing group in Wisbech is looking for new members
- Credit: Archant
St Augustine’s Sewing Group is about to start the new term in the Parish Centre in St Augustine’s Rd, Wisbech.
The group meets on Tuesday September 29 from 2pm-4pm, and on alternate Thursday evenings 7pm-9pm from September 18.
The group is free to attend and everything is supplied from fabrics to machines and is open to everyone from the experienced to the absolute beginner or not so confident, (tuition is available).
All items made in the group are for tombola stalls at the Rose Fair, the Christmas Tree Festival and other fundraising events, to raise money to fund the group, and to help church funds.
There was a new successful venture at the Rose Fair this year, and three quilts, handmade by the group, were raffled.
You may also want to watch:
One of the lucky winners is Mrs East together with Mary Pomfrey who made the popular ‘Friday’ quilt.
In response to demand, the group have also started a Knit and Natter group, which meets in the Parish Centre each Tuesday from 2pm-4pm.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
It is open to all for any hand-made craft. The group runs alongside the Sewing Group.
For further details, contact Julie on 07874-245683.