Sewing group in Wisbech is looking for new members
- Credit: Archant
St Augustine’s Sewing Group is about to start the new term in the Parish Centre in St Augustine’s Rd, Wisbech.
The group meets on Tuesday September 29 from 2pm-4pm, and on alternate Thursday evenings 7pm-9pm from September 18.
The group is free to attend and everything is supplied from fabrics to machines and is open to everyone from the experienced to the absolute beginner or not so confident, (tuition is available).
All items made in the group are for tombola stalls at the Rose Fair, the Christmas Tree Festival and other fundraising events, to raise money to fund the group, and to help church funds.
There was a new successful venture at the Rose Fair this year, and three quilts, handmade by the group, were raffled.
You may also want to watch:
One of the lucky winners is Mrs East together with Mary Pomfrey who made the popular ‘Friday’ quilt.
In response to demand, the group have also started a Knit and Natter group, which meets in the Parish Centre each Tuesday from 2pm-4pm.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
It is open to all for any hand-made craft. The group runs alongside the Sewing Group.
For further details, contact Julie on 07874-245683.