Sewing group in Wisbech is looking for new members
- Credit: Archant
St Augustine’s Sewing Group is about to start the new term in the Parish Centre in St Augustine’s Rd, Wisbech.
The group meets on Tuesday September 29 from 2pm-4pm, and on alternate Thursday evenings 7pm-9pm from September 18.
The group is free to attend and everything is supplied from fabrics to machines and is open to everyone from the experienced to the absolute beginner or not so confident, (tuition is available).
All items made in the group are for tombola stalls at the Rose Fair, the Christmas Tree Festival and other fundraising events, to raise money to fund the group, and to help church funds.
There was a new successful venture at the Rose Fair this year, and three quilts, handmade by the group, were raffled.
You may also want to watch:
One of the lucky winners is Mrs East together with Mary Pomfrey who made the popular ‘Friday’ quilt.
In response to demand, the group have also started a Knit and Natter group, which meets in the Parish Centre each Tuesday from 2pm-4pm.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
It is open to all for any hand-made craft. The group runs alongside the Sewing Group.
For further details, contact Julie on 07874-245683.