Serious crash between lorry and van: A47 Guyhirn roundabout to Begdale roundabout to remain closed both ways for at least three hours
- Credit: Archant
The A47 between Guyhirn roundabout and Begdale roundabout is to remain closed in both directions for at least three hours due to a serious crash between a lorry and a van.
An air ambulance, fire crew and police team are on the scene after a van left the road and ended up in a ditch following the crash.
The incident happened at 12.40pm and is causing major traffic delays.
Police have advised drivers to “find alternative routes”, however the road is expected to be cleared between 3.30pm and 3.45pm.
One person said on social media: “Hubby was two cars behind it and caught up in it.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the drivers was having to be cut out. Hopefully they will be okay.”
Several bus routes including the X11 and X12 have been affected by the collision.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 10 Illegal anglers spotted across Cambs during close season clampdown
Cambridgeshire Police are currently on the scene.