Serious crash between lorry and van: A47 Guyhirn roundabout to Begdale roundabout to remain closed both ways for at least three hours
- Credit: Archant
The A47 between Guyhirn roundabout and Begdale roundabout is to remain closed in both directions for at least three hours due to a serious crash between a lorry and a van.
An air ambulance, fire crew and police team are on the scene after a van left the road and ended up in a ditch following the crash.
The incident happened at 12.40pm and is causing major traffic delays.
Police have advised drivers to “find alternative routes”, however the road is expected to be cleared between 3.30pm and 3.45pm.
One person said on social media: “Hubby was two cars behind it and caught up in it.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the drivers was having to be cut out. Hopefully they will be okay.”
Several bus routes including the X11 and X12 have been affected by the collision.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
Cambridgeshire Police are currently on the scene.