Serious crash between lorry and van: A47 Guyhirn roundabout to Begdale roundabout to remain closed both ways for at least three hours
- Credit: Archant
The A47 between Guyhirn roundabout and Begdale roundabout is to remain closed in both directions for at least three hours due to a serious crash between a lorry and a van.
An air ambulance, fire crew and police team are on the scene after a van left the road and ended up in a ditch following the crash.
The incident happened at 12.40pm and is causing major traffic delays.
Police have advised drivers to “find alternative routes”, however the road is expected to be cleared between 3.30pm and 3.45pm.
One person said on social media: “Hubby was two cars behind it and caught up in it.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the drivers was having to be cut out. Hopefully they will be okay.”
Several bus routes including the X11 and X12 have been affected by the collision.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 7 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
Cambridgeshire Police are currently on the scene.