Midsummer Festival at a popular Fens camping park
- Credit: Archant
A popular camping park in the Fens has held another successful midsummer fair.
Secret Garden at Wisbech St Mary hosted the family fun day with a host of delicious food stalls and woodland crafts.
It is the fifth time the park has hosted the event which sees regional food and drink specialists turn up to tempt taste buds at this growing spectacular.
Among those joining the day were stalls selling home made ice cream, cheese and wine, olive oil, preserves, Mile Tree Brewery, and fudge.
There were also stalls from Fenland Search and Rescue, G’s, Watergull Orchards, ancient woodland conservation and crafts and Andrew Wailing with his steam engine.
You may also want to watch:
There was wood carving specialists, living willow crafts, North Level Drainage Board, Brazillian cooking sauces, cakes and pies.
There were brewery tours, bush craft demonstrations and a talk about Wisbech capital of the Fens by Peter Clayton.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
The park is a relaxed, 11 acre, site of just 39 pitches which focuses on enjoyment of wildlife, and a real camping experience in the heart of the Fens.