Second skimming device recovered from Santander ATM, Market Place, Wisbech within seven days
- Credit: Archant
A second skimming device has been recovered from the Santander ATM in Market Place, Wisbech within less than a week.
The first device was discovered and recovered by police on Saturday morning after it was spotted by a member of the public at around 8.25am. The second was recovered earlier this morning.
Police issued a warning on social media to people who may have used the machine.
They said: “Please keep an eye on your bank account if you have used this ATM and report any suspicious activity on your account to your bank.”
People are asked to report any suspicious activity near to ATM’s to the police.
You may also want to watch:
One person said on Facebook: “This bank always seems to have a skimming device put on there machine in that location.
“So why, considering it is in the town and there is CCTV, is no one being caught? Why has a secret camera not been installed? Surely more could be done to prevent it from happening to start with.”
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 6 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 7 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election