Second skimming device recovered from Santander ATM, Market Place, Wisbech within seven days
- Credit: Archant
A second skimming device has been recovered from the Santander ATM in Market Place, Wisbech within less than a week.
The first device was discovered and recovered by police on Saturday morning after it was spotted by a member of the public at around 8.25am. The second was recovered earlier this morning.
Police issued a warning on social media to people who may have used the machine.
They said: “Please keep an eye on your bank account if you have used this ATM and report any suspicious activity on your account to your bank.”
People are asked to report any suspicious activity near to ATM’s to the police.
You may also want to watch:
One person said on Facebook: “This bank always seems to have a skimming device put on there machine in that location.
“So why, considering it is in the town and there is CCTV, is no one being caught? Why has a secret camera not been installed? Surely more could be done to prevent it from happening to start with.”
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants