Second man charged with murder
A SECOND man has been charged with the murder of 22-year-old Ben Wilson of Wisbech. Adrian Pettingale, 43, of Prospect Place, Wisbech, is alleged to have murdered Mr Wilson in Wisbech between November 12 and 21. 2006. Pettingale appeared before Fenland ma
A SECOND man has been charged with the murder of 22-year-old Ben Wilson of Wisbech.
Adrian Pettingale, 43, of Prospect Place, Wisbech, is alleged to have murdered Mr Wilson in Wisbech between November 12 and 21. 2006.
Pettingale appeared before Fenland magistrates on Wednesday and the case was sent straight to Cambridge Crown Court. Pettingale was remanded in custody until he attends the court for a preliminary hearing on Friday January 19.
Dressed in a patterned jumper and jeans, bespectacled Pettingale only spoke to the court to confirm his name and address.
You may also want to watch:
Back in November, 26-year-old Neil Gowler, of Golding Place, Wisbech, appeared in the same dock, charged with Mr Wilson's murder. His case has already been sent to Cambridge Crown Court.
Mr Wilson, of Cocketts Drive, Wisbech, was taken to King's Lynn Hospital with serious head injuries on November 13. He was later transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, where he underwent an emergency four hour operation. He died on Tuesday November 21.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash