Doctor Scott’s marathon raises £5,000 for Magpas Air Ambulance
- Credit: Scott Castell
A Magpas Air Ambulance doctor who ran the London Marathon on October 3 has raised £5,000 for the charity.
With the support of his family at the finish line, Scott marked the day as “unbelievable”.
“I felt like I was welling up as I came down the mall and into the last 400 metres and I was worried I might just burst into tears when I finished," he said.
“I was just smiling the whole way round despite the pain in my back and my legs.
"I couldn’t have been happier when my wife Hattie ran up to me at the end and said how proud she was of me.
“I can’t believe how much I’ve raised and am so grateful for everyone’s support for myself and Magpas Air Ambulance."
To donate to Scott, visit his JustGiving page.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 6 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns